Alcohol and Tobacco
Application for clinicians specializing in treating addictions.
– Patients wishing to take control of their alcohol or nicotine use will be assisted by their therapist to develop adaptive coping skills while exposed to relevant virtual cues.
– A number of virtual environments (e.g., bar, restaurant, convenience store, liquor store, party, home) where temptations to engage in substance use are manipulated by presence of either nicotine and/or alcohol-related items.
– Patients’ specific brand of cigarettes and/or alcoholic beverage of preference may be placed by the therapist throughout these environments.
– Virtual bartender and virtual server offer opportunities for the patient to engage in interactions and practice strengthening of abstinence/moderation skills.
– Scent machine can be used to deliver situation-relevant scents.
Target: Adults (18 y.o. and older)
Compatibility: delivered via specialized virtual reality system
- Categories: Products