How can I get sound to come from headphones using Sony HMZ T3W Headset?
SOLUTION (software related):
- Make that the sound output is set on the correct channel. To verify, click on the “START” button at the bottom left of the screen – click on “CONTROL PANEL” – click on “HARDWARE AND SOUND” – click on “SOUND.” This will bring up a window of all available sound outputs.
- Make sure that the “Sony sound output” is set as the default device. If it is not your default device, select the “Sony sound output” and click the button below which says “set as default device.”
- Then click “OK” to save those changes.
SOLUTION (hardware related):
- Make sure the headphone cable is connected to the Head Mounted Display (HMD) headset itself.
- The port is located on the left side of the HMD, right next to the battery unit cable attached to the HMD headset.
- Trace all of the wiring to ensure that nothing is loose or disconnected.
My game pad controller not working properly, what’s the problem here?
- Make sure the controller is connected via USB to the computer prior to starting any application.
- The controller will automatically install the necessary drivers once it is connected to your computer system.
- If the above steps did not work, disconnect and reconnect the controller from your PC, restart it, and start your desired application again.
How can I get sound to play from platform using the Alienware x51 computer and Sony HMZ T3W system setup?
- Make sure that the amplifier is turned on by pressing the power button (located at the front of the device).
- Make sure that on the back of the amplifier the RCA stereo “1 male to 2 male Y splitter” cable is connected to the CD input port (see image below).
- Make sure that the 1 male end of the RCA stereo cable is connected to the “1 female to 2 male Y splitter” cable that is connected to the matrix switch.
- Make sure the matrix switch is turned on and tuned to the correct input channel for both output A and B, which should be “INPUT 1.”
- You can change the input on the matrix switch by pressing the two buttons labeled “OUTPUT A” and “OUTPUT B” on the front.
- Make sure that the speaker wires are firmly connected to both speakers under the platform and to the amplifier itself — to the corresponding positive (red) and negative (black)
- See image below for clarification of this solution:
My monitor(s) shut down unexpectedly, how can I keep that from happening?
- Click on the “START” button – click on “CONTROL PANEL” – click on “SYSTEM AND SECURITY” – click on “POWER OPTIONS” – select “BALANCED” – click on “CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS” (balanced option) – change both options “ TURN OFF DISPLAY” & “PUT COMPUTER TO SLEEP” to “NEVER.”
How can I keep my HMD display screen from turning off intermittently?
- Ensure that when turning on your system, the HMD and the processor unit (the processor unit is the device that sends the video and audio signal wireless to the battery unit connected to the HMD headset) has to be turned on, while being at the distance of 8ft or less to completely establish the wireless connection. Once the connection has been made, you should be able to see the display in the HMD. The two units need to be in sight of each other, without any obstacles between in order to establish the wireless connection.
- Note that for proper operation, the patient application screen resolution should be set to 720p. You can do this by right clicking anywhere on the desktop – select “screen resolution” – select the corresponding monitor icon numbered either 1 or 2 for the patient monitor change the resolution of the patient monitor to 720p and press “OK” to save changes.
HMD unit turns off after a certain amount of time
- In the HMD settings (The HMD settings can be accessed via the “MENU” button on the HMD itself). Once the on screen menu comes up (as you’re looking into the HMD lenses), press the “DOWNWARD ARROW” to scroll down to the next option labeled “GENERAL SETTINGS”.
- Select “GENERAL SETTINGS.”
- Select the option “POWER OFF WHEN UN-MOUNTED” to “OFF” and then select the next option “POWER OFF ON STAND BY” to “OFF” as well.
- NOTE: The processor unit will still shut off after about 4 hours to help protect the hardware from failing.